Sandy Ice Grips – Non-Metallic Anti Slip Solution (Large UK 7-11, EU 41-45)
The Sandy ice grip provides traction on ice and compressed snow via a reversible ceramic 'plate', with a roughened surface, similar to sandpaper, hence the name. This makes it ideal for use in commercial settings where there cannot be metal to metal contact and spark risk. It is also ideal for frosty environments like refrigerated vans and work places.
Sandy is also suitable for urban settings, such as commutes from train station to home, or walking to the shops and back. Unlike classic spikes, the surface of Sandy is less damaging and can be worn when entering a shop. Although like all ice grips it should not be worn on tiles and other impermeable, polished hard surfaces, such as granite, as you may slide. It may also scratch highly varnished/polished wooden floors. With two wear surfaces, Sandy can be worn on both sides to even out wear and prolong the life of the product.
- Rough, forefoot, ceramic plate provides grip
- Flexible rubber sling to hold onto a variety of footwear
- Folds flat and easy to slip into a pocket
- One size only LARGE, UK 7-11, EU 41-45
- Pack size 12 x 3 x 20 cm
- Very light - product weight per pair only 90 g
- Getting to the shops and back, when it's icy, frosty or walking on compressed snow
- Commercial environments where no metal to metal contact is allowed
- Severely frosty environments such as refrigerated vehicles
- Commuters - train station to home
- Use when unsure of the presence of black ice
- Drivers - keep a pair in the glove box for winter break downs or road closures
Information in this section has been added as a result of customer feedback:
- The Sandy is made for standard footwear: shoes and trainers, size EU 41-45. If being worn on Work Boots, which have deeper and wider soles, it's recommended they should not be ordered for boots over EU 43
- Although Sandy is applicable for commercial application it is designed as an occasional use consumer product and may not stand up to constant, heavy duty use
- The rubber sling which attaches the product is tight and requires stretching to hold the product on the footwear. However it does slacken slightly after several uses. It may also feel more flexible at room temperature than when very cold
All our UK postage options are ‘flat fee’. Whether you are ordering one or several products, you only pay a single postage charge - the more you order, the better value!
Standard Delivery £3.45
Cost effective…Untracked...May or may not require signature...Can collect from postal operators depot if attempted delivery made whilst you are out...Delivered 2-4 working days following dispatch.
Enhanced Delivery £4.99
Our most popular postage option...Scanned and trackable…Enhanced service level...May or may not require signature...May have a re-delivery option if attempted delivery made whilst you are out...Can collect from postal operators depot...Delivered 2 working days following dispatch.
Priority Delivery £9.99
Fast…Delivered next day after placing order (conditions apply)…Signature always required…Trackable…May have a re-delivery option if attempted delivery made whilst you are out.
Free shipping when you spend £100+